Toronto! We build the Stairway of your Dreams!
Since our inception, The Home Improvement Group is known for quality work, dedicated craftsmanship and honest service. These are the reasons why homeowners prefer us for building, installing and renovating staircase. We have a large team of design-build experts including architects, designers, structural engineers, handymen, and painters to provide you with customized renovation service right from the design stage to the actual finished product.
Staircase Design and Build Service: Your Dream, Our Dedication
Whether it is the entryway of your home, staircase to the attic or a couple of stairs to the basement, The Home Improvement Group doesn’t discriminate any project and offers the same level of dedication to every task. We are the most experienced staircase installation experts in Toronto. We even undertake repair and renovation of exterior stairs installed near the porch, patio or deck. When you contact us for a new custom staircase, we will provide you with an optimum design using the best materials and still keeping the cost low. We provide a wide-range of staircase designs in different materials such as wood, concrete, stone, glass, metal, etc. We have experience of building multiple staircases in GTA homes including:
- Straight Stairs
- Straight Stairs with Central Landing
- L-Shaped Stairs/Quarter Turn Staircase
- U-Shaped Staircase
- Winder Staircase
- Spiral/Circular Staircase
- Curved/Arched Staircase
- Ladder-Style Stairs
- Split/Bifurcated Staircase
- Floating Staircase
- Storage Staircase
What Staircase Repair and Renovation Services are Available in Toronto?
The Home Improvement Group offers a wide range of renovation and remodeling services related to staircase. Our services include but are not limited to the following renovation tasks:
- Adding New Balusters and Spindles – Balusters, spindles or stair sticks offer vertical support to the handrail. If you want to add glamor to the staircase, a cost-effective way is to replace the plain balusters with decorative wooden or metal ones.
- Replacing the Handrail – Changing the banister or just the handrail can also add character to the structure. We can help you to change wall-mounted handrails as well as integrated handrails for superior customization. You can select from different shapes and materials to truly personalize the staircase.
- Replacing the Wooden Treads – The time taken to replace the treads depends on the style and design of the staircase. We can install new treads made from red oak, birch, maple, cherry, poplar, teak, mahogany and several other options.
- Removing the Carpet – Carpet transition is at the top of the task list of most Toronto homeowners. Whether it is removing the old carpet to reveal the wooden treads or replace the carpet with a fresh one, we can help you. We even undertake installation of carpet runner along with false treads to add a sophisticated touch.
- Staircase Staining and Painting – With a fresh coat of paint, our painters can transform the look of the staircase and make them new again. Many homeowners prefer to remove the carpet and replenish the treads and banister in natural wood stain.
- Staircase Storage Solutions – The Home Improvement Group is expert in improving the utilization capacity of staircases. Our design-team can create unique and stylish storage solutions underneath the stairway. We can even build customized staircase drawers.
- Other Staircase Repair Works include: You can call us for minor repair work such as replacing the newel post, adding a new curtail to the structure, repairing the landing, installing a wall string and everything else related to the stairway.
- Staircase Removal – Do not worry if you want to replace the concrete staircase. It is okay if you are willing to replace the old metal staircase with a classy wooden one. No matter the type of staircase, we will ensure safe and secure removal without any damage to the structural integrity of your home.
What is the Cost of Renovating the Staircase in GTA?
Do not worry about the cost of repairing the staircase. The Home Improvement Group offers the most customized staircase renovation plans in GTA. If you are looking for a thorough renovation involving replacement of all components of the main staircase, you may have to pay $8000-$10,000. The cost will reduce if the renovation is related to the simple ladder-style stairs of the attic. A staircase demolition project can cost you between $500-$2000. It is because it is a complicated affair. We can change the wooden railing for $500-$1200. For a small renovation project involving painting or staining the staircase, you can expect to pay $350-$500 for a 12ft. structure.
Highly Customized Options to suit your Home! Call Now
When it comes to renovating an old staircase or building a new one and installing it, we believe in high personalization. We provide you with accurate estimates that do not leave any space for financial surprises in the future. Let us understand your requirements to give you a great-looking home. Book an appointment online or call on (416) 477-4500 for customized staircase design plans and FREE estimate.
Disclaimer: The prices mentioned above are estimates. And, your cost may change depending on the complexity and the scale of the project. To ascertain a more accurate estimate, please contact us.